What’s Canada Buying? August 30, 2012
- Wanted: civilian contractors to help keep Canadian Forces good to go on foreign deployments (Info-machine translation: “The Department of National Defence (DND) has a requirement to provide the Canadian Forces (CF) with operational flexibility through a contractor augmentation capability in support of deployed operations abroad; thus enabling the CF to re-deploy military personnel where their skills are needed most” ) – more details in the Statement of Work here, and an interesting (fictional) scenario about the kind of work such a contractor could be undertaking here (NOTE: the ubiquitous Corporal Bloggins isn’t even listed among the notionally-available personnel).
- Wanted: someone for “the provision of a Ferrous Ordnance Locator (FerOL), commonly known as “Bomb Locator” or “Unexploded Ordnance Locator” (to) replace the Canadian Forces (CF) in-service bomb locator ….” – more details in part of the Statement of Work here.
- Wanted: someone to help “Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) – Suffield, Medicine Hat, Alberta …. develop a reagentless, handheld biological sensor” – this from the Statement of Work here: “The Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC) has a requirement to develop a reagentless, handheld biological sensor. Development of a reagentless, handheld sensor capable of differentiating pathogen classification (Gram+, Gram-, virus, fungi) in the air is critical so that medical personnel can quickly treat if the Canadian Forces (CF) is suspected of exposure.”
- Wanted: someone to test radio headsets/earbuds in noisy conditions.
- Wanted: someone to make “flight suits, flight jackets and sausage bags for the Snowbird Team at 431 Air Demonstration Squadron” – more details/pictures in the Statement of Work here.
- Wanted: someone to make loads o’ box lunches for CFB Valcartier as needed – more on what’s wanted on the menus here.