What’s Canada Buying? September 14, 2012
- The latest in the Fixed Wing Search and Rescue (FWSAR) search following the latest MERX posting: details of a 17-19 Oct 12 “Industry Engagement”
- “Mr. Chris Alexander, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of National Defence, joined the men and women of 426 Transport Training Squadron (known as the Thunderbirds) …. in dedicating the new Air Mobility Training Centre (AMTC) in honour of former Wing Commander (WComd) Sedley S. Blanchard …. The AMTC construction project was launched in September 2009 by The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, to further modernize and strengthen the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF). The construction began in late-2009, and was completed in mid-2012. With a construction cost of approximately $40.5 million, the 17 000-square metre AMTC houses cutting-edge training equipment provided by CAE Inc., a Canadian manufacturer of simulator, modeling and integrated training technologies, and its subcontractors ….”
- Meanwhile, the CF is looking for someone to provide “…. labour, material, supervision and equipment necessary for the modification and renovations to the Air Mobility Training Center including architectural, mechanical and electrical trades …. The estimated cost for this opportunity is in the order of $ 1,330,000.00 ….”
- Wanted: loads o’ high-power antibiotic “The Department of National Defence has a requirement for a total quantity of 200,000 tablets of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, 500 mg in a unit-dose Blister pack format. A quantity of 200,000 tablets are to be delivered to the Central Medical Equipment Depot in Petawawa, Ontario by October 31, 2012 or best delivery offered. The requirement also includes an option quantity, up to a max. 800,000 tablets ….” – more on the drug here and here.
- Some foreign contracts available in Afghanistan (Kandahar and Kabul) and Lithuania.