What’s Canada Buying? September 19, 2012
- F-35 Tug o’ War MORE dissing of the 50-year-old Avro Arrow option here and here.
- Remember this Request for Information from companies interested in helping Canada build a JUSTAS drone system? Potential vendors now have more time to send in their packages.
- Wanted: someone to inspect and map all of the CF’s fuel facilities - more from a bit of the Statement of Work here.
- Mark Collins with a bit more on those helicopters the Coast Guard wants to buy
- Wanted: someone to help astronauts deal with weightlessness better “Adaptation to the various stages of space flight places unique stresses on astronauts. Upon entering space and following their return to earth astronauts experience a variety of detrimental effects such as poor coordination, disorientation, and motion sickness. The majority suffer from at least some of these symptoms during space flight with impacts on their health, well-being and effectiveness. In this study the PI (Principal Investigator) will compare how astronauts sense their own self-motion (based on visual cues) in earth-normal gravity and in extended duration micro-g conditions when stationed on the (International Space Station) ….”
Subscribe to comments with RSS.