What’s Canada Buying? October 5, 2012
- The latest on the JUSTAS UAV project: clarification on fuel, frequencies and the fact that where they’ll be based hasn’t been decided yet.
- Remember the good news about Canada being (reportedly) >>>this close<<< to announcing Radarsat stuff to help keep an eye on the Arctic and the shorelines? Not so good news for one of the companies that could benefit: “Com Dev International Ltd. (TSX:CDV) is laying off 31 employees as part of a restructuring at its Canadian government space division amid what it says is uncertainty about the future of the Radarsat Constellation project. The satellite component maker says 10 other employees will be transferred to open positions in other divisions at the company. The lack of new program opportunities from the Canadian Space Agency in the foreseeable future has forced us to take action,” Com Dev chief executive Michael Pley said in a statement ….” – a bit more (including how Canadian media don’t seem to have the first story yet) from Mark Collins.
- Speaking of satellites, “…. This Request for Information (RFI) seeks information from vendors with respect to the state of the art in nanosatellite nd microsatellite compatible Suite-B compliant communications ecurity (COMSEC) devices for use on future space missions on behalf of the Department of National Defence (DND), Defence esearch and Development Canada (DRDC) ….”
- (Maybe?) Wanted: tsunami alarms for CFB Esquimalt “…. The Department of National Defence (DND) is considering the implementation of a mass notification system to broadcast intelligible voice messages and tone alerts outdoors at several designated sites within tsunami inundation zones in British Columbia, Canada. The purpose of mass notification is to protect life by indicating the existence of an emergency situation and instructing people of the necessary and appropriate response and action …. The following CFB Esquimalt locations near Victoria, British Columbia, Canada are the designated sites: Naden …. Dockyard …. Colwood and Private Military Quarters …. and Workpoint and PMQs ….”" - a bit more detail here.
- Wanted: someone to build “a site to accommodate two Chinook helicopters and a Forward Air Refueller (FAR) include grounding, reinforced concrete spill containment pad, catch basin, oil/water separator at CFB/ASU Wainwright, AB“ for ~$632K – more in a bit of the bid documents (190 page specs, 1.74MB PDF) here.
- Wanted: fresh fruits & veg for CFB Alert – grocery list here.
Subscribe to comments with RSS.