What’s Canada Buying? January 18, 2013
- Not one but TWO more LAV III announcements, one about work going to Tillsonburg, the other about work going to Woodstock - getting every last info-mile out of one project.
- Even MOAR LAV III announcements coming (this would be #4)? “Mr. Joe Preston, Member of Parliament for Elgin-Middlesex-London, on behalf of the Honourable Bernard Valcourt, Associate Minister of National Defence and Minister of State (Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency) (La Francophonie), will participate in an important announcement (this morning) related to how the Government of Canada’s investments in our Canadian Armed Forces are supporting jobs in communities across our country ….”
- Calls for MOAR C-17′s “Canada’s department of national defense is being urged to invest in acquiring the Boeing Co.’s C-17 Globemaster III aircraft to cope with the Canadian armed forces’ demand for peacetime and combat tactical transport. The Globemaster III is known in the Canadian air force as CC-177. Four of the aircraft are in military service after purchases made in 2007 and 2008. Despite Canada’s involvement in more recent years in Afghanistan, where the aircraft is used as a strategic airlifter, Ottawa has resisted calls for more purchases. The Air Force Association of Canada in a policy paper called for more acquisitions ….”
- F-35 Tug o’ War (1) “The replacement of the Canadian military’s fleet of CF-18 fighter aircraft is not only one of the key issues facing the Canadian Forces, but a decision that will shape Canada’s military and defence policy for years to come. Over the coming weeks, the CDA Institute will be posting to this blog a series of commentaries written by Richard Shimooka, which will provide his perspective on the issues at stake with each of the major contenders to replace the CF-18. We start this series with a discussion on the F/A-18E Super Hornet ….”
- F-35 Tug o’ War (2) Academic: “Canada’s Fighter Jet Discussions Bode Ill for Lockheed’s F-35″
- “Department of National Defence (DND), Junior Canadian Rangers Program, 1 CRPG HQ Yellowknife, NT has a requirement for an All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Instructor Course to be held in Yellowknife, NT ….”