Posts Tagged ‘taliban’
A few updates:
- Voice of Jihad English sites here and here are down – this Pashto site seems to still be working.
- The Taliban webmeisters seem to improvising – Mullah Omar’s latest Eid message is on the Pashto-language site in English (PDF of screen capture here in case this, too, disappears).
- With all the Taliban and Taliban-supporting Twitter feeds out there (most recently updates ones here, here, here and here), you know they’re a player when someone cranks up a Taliban satire feed: @NotAlemarahweb. A bit harsh sometimes, but an intriguing read nonetheless.
Proof the Taliban read Canadian papers – highlights mine. Usual disclaimer: if you don’t want the Taliban’s webmaster to see your IP number, don’t click,and just because it’s here doesn’t mean I believe it or endorse it – just sharing it.
Remarks of the Spokesman of the Islamic Emirate Regarding the Withdrawal of the Canadian Invading Forces from Afghanistan (screen capture of full statement downloadable here via Army.ca)
Yesterday, Canada officially ended its war mission in Afghanistan by pulling its last soldiers out of Afghanistan. Soon after the invasion of Afghanistan, the Canadian troops were stationed in Kandahar and some other parts of the country.
However, in the last few years, they sustained heavy casualties in various attacks at the hands of Mujahideen, compelling them to withdraw their troops from Afghanistan. As a result, many of their troops were either killed or injured in these encounters. In addition to the life loss, the heavy economic burden of the war dawned on the people and members of the Parliament of Canada to press the ruling regime in Canada to withdraw their forces.
While appreciating the responsible step of the people of Canada, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan calls on the people of other invading countries to realize the ground realities of the illegitimate and worthless war of Afghanistan and oblige their governments to put an end to the aimless war.
The people of Canada have to ask their government and military chiefs what are the objectives and achievements that they have obtained during the past decade, apart from the innumerous losses in life and equipments. If they have no answer, then why they allow them to continue their illegitimate intervention in Afghanistan under another title in the name of military training.
We are sure, the new mission of Canada under the name of military training will bring in only losses and bitter outcome like the precedent of their war mission which has had self-same consequences.
Qari Mohammad Yousaf Ahmadi
Spokesman of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
- Canada’s Governor General is handing out awards this morning to a number of people today to honour them for displaying “gallantry and devotion to duty in combat” and bringing “honour to the Canadian Forces and to Canada.” Congrats to all!
- After getting kicked out of Dubai over an airline landing rights fight, Postmedia News reports the last (Canadian) military flight outta the UAE following “a modest military ceremony.
- The Royal Canadian Legion has announced that the mother of RSM Robert Girouard (killed in Afghanistan in 2006), Mabel Girouard, is this year’s Silver Cross Mother - more on that here from CBC.ca.
- According to the Canadian Press, Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon reportedly told the House of Commons during Question Period that Omar Khadr will be coming back to Canada eventually. Here’s the diplomatic note (PDF, courtesy of CBC.ca), which says: “…. The Government of Canada …. wishes to convey that, as requested by the United States, the Government of Canada is inclined to favourably consider Mr. Khadr’s application to be transferred to Canada to serve the remainder of his sentence….” Here’s what Hansard, the official transcript of the House of Commons, says Cannon said: “….the Government of Canada did not participate in the negotiations concerning the sentence. In fact, when asked, the tribunal’s chief prosecutor, Navy Captain John Murphy, said that Canada was not part of the agreement and that the agreement was between the Government of the United States and Khadr’s defence team. Mr. Speaker, the Government of the United States agreed to send Omar Khadr back to Canada, and we will implement the agreement between Mr. Khadr and the Government of the United States.” Smart ass commentary: Is “inclined to favourably consider” the same as “yup, we WILL take him”? Just sayin’…
- Meanwhile , according to an Ipsos-Reid poll carried out for Postmedia News and Global National, “While one half (49%) of Canadians believe that Khadr should serve ‘none’ of his time in Canada, the other half (51%) of Canadians believe he should be able to serve ‘all’ (25%) or at least ‘some’ (26%) of his sentence in Canada ….” More on that from Postmedia News here.
- Taliban Propaganda Watch: At least nine claimed killed in Kandahar, Uruzgan and Zabul and Meme o’ the moment – “cowardly”
- Speaking of the Taliban (or, more specifically, speaking about speaking to the Taliban), a spokesperson with the Afghan President’s Office denies recent reports that President Hamid Karzai has been holding “secret” talks with folks from the “al-Qaida linked Haqqani network”.
Have a great day!
NOTE: This material is from web pages and forums carrying statements attributed to the Taliban, Taliban spokespersons or supporters of the Taliban, or analysis thereof. Posting of this material neither confirms nor endorses any of its content – it is shared for information only. When material translated into English is not available, Google Translate is used to translate the original – this is only a machine translation, NOT an official one.
Deadly blast kills 7 puppets
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:32 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
KANDAHAR, Oct. 27 – 7 puppet ANA were killed and their vehicle destroyed last night by an IED in Panjwaee districts Taloqan Hadira area.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:33 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
KANDAHAR, Oct. 27 – A US invaders logistical convoy came under Mujahideen attack at 02:00 pm yesterday near Zhiri district center but the number of killed and wounded is not known.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:33 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
KANDAHAR, Oct. 27 – Mujahideen detonated a mine on US invaders tank near Panjawee district center at 02:00 pm as a result all invaders onboard were killed and wounded.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:31 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
KANDAHAR, Oct. 27 – A puppet police vehicle hit a land mine near Akhond Sahib Ziyarat of Daman district but the number of killed and wounded is not known.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 06:54 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
URUZGAN, Oct. 27 – At least 3 US terrorists were killed at 05:00 pm yesterday when a powerful blast hit their foot patrol in Qala Naw area of Terenkot city.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:25 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
ZABUL, Oct. 27 – 3 cowardly police from a check post in Kharwaryano area near Qalat city surrendered to Mujahideen last night, at around 12:00 am. Mujahideen say that the surrender was pre mediated and that the police also gave Mujahideen 6 Kalashnikovs and a PK automatic machine gun.
Wednesday, 27 October 2010 17:35 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
ZABUL, Oct. 27 – 4 security puppets were killed instantly when their vehicle was obliterated by an IED in Shado Village located near Qalat city.
Tuesday, 26 October 2010 17:01 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
ZABUL, Oct. 26 – A US invaders tank was obliterated by an IED at 10:00 am in Ganda desert area of Shahjoe district. All terrorists onboard were killed and wounded.