What’s Canada Buying? November 23, 2012
- F-35 Tug o’ War (1) Why Aussie defence blogger thinks this Commons Committee report isn’t good enough.
- F-35 Tug o’ War (2) “Canada’s participation in the Joint Strike Fighter project has been fraught with much controversy and a lack of clarity. This study aims to assess how the F-35 meets Canadian defence requirements over the next few decades ….” (PDF)
- “The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, (yesterday) announced 10 contract awards for general maintenance at 14 Wing Greenwood. The overall value of the contracts is over $1.8 million ….”
- “The Department of National Defence has a requirement for 160,000 Starch Jelly Bars for Basic Survival Rations to be delivered to Montreal, Quebec ….” – more details (specs, what they should look like) in bid document extract here.
- Wanted: 2 x environmentally-friendly BTR-60-shaped targets for Wainright – some specs here.