What’s Canada Buying? January 24, 2013
- Guess what? MORE LAV III upgrade announcements, this time in Stratford, Ontario, with a head’s up on the delivery of the first one in London, Ontario later today.
- From the Army’s Info-machine “After 18 months of testing and operational user feedback, production has begun on the Enhanced Combat Uniform for Canadian soldiers. This product improvement to the combat uniforms includes more than 20 changes which will allow for greater comfort, enhanced protection and greater integration with personal protective equipment, allowing soldiers to more effectively train and perform their duties while deployed ….” You can find more backstory (back to summer 2011) on this project here (via Milnet.ca).
- Wanted: someplace near Sigonella, Italy for CF air crew taking part in Exercise Proud Manta 2013 – posting and bid package also available here if the MERX link doesn’t work.
- Speaking of links that no longer work, no more mention of “stature” requirements for 3-star accommodations in Miramar, Florida in this MERX posting – thanks to archive.org, here’s what the MERX posting used to look like (and here’s a PDF version – via Milnet.ca – in case THAT link doesn’t work anymore).
- “The Department of National Defence requires a qualified service provider to supply courseware development services at 403 Squadron, Canadian Forces Base Gagetown, Oromocto, New Brunswick. The qualified service provider will provide the services of 1 X Senior Instructional Designer, and 1 X Intermediate Instructional Designer. The services will be provided during the period from 01 February 2013, or date of award to 31 March 2014 ….”
- Wanted: 5.11 Tactical shirts, pants and parkas as “Military Police Close Protection Clothing“
- Wanted: Gym equipment (treadmills, exercise bikes, etc.) for CFB Halifax (more here) and ships at sea.
Written by milnews.ca
24 January 13 at 12:15
Posted in What's Canada Buying?