The various takes from this afternoon’s news conference …
- “Canada’s Trudeau says evidence shows Iranian missile downed Ukraine jet” (Agence France-Presse)
- “Intelligence indicates Flight PS752 was shot down by Iran: Trudeau” (CTV.ca)
- “Ukraine plane ‘shot down’ by Iranian missile, Trudeau says” (Globe & Mail)
- “Iran likely downed Ukraine airliner with missiles: Canada’s Trudeau, citing intelligence” (Reuters)
- “Canada PM says evidence indicates Iran shot down Ukraine jet” (Reuters)
- “Trudeau: Evidence indicates Iranian missile downed Ukraine plane” (Al Jazeera English)
- “The Latest: Trudeau says intel indicates plane shot down” (The Associated Press)
- “Trudeau says evidence indicates Iranian missile brought down Ukrainian flight” (CBC.ca)
PMJT was staying on message: need credible, complete, in-depth investigation, and those discussions are ongoing. No, we won’t tell you more details about the int we have. No, I’m not going to talk about potential consequences if a probe shows the plane was shot down. We continue to talk with IRN about getting more access and being involved in the probe.
Newest tidbit: Canada’s been talking to the Netherlands about their experience in investigating the MH17 shoot-down in Ukraine.