Archive for the ‘Taliban propaganda’ Category
Given the apparent demand, here’s what the Taliban is saying on its “Voice of Jihad” web pageabout the Bowe Bergdahl prisoner swap – usual caveats about clicking on the bad guy’s links, etc.
“al-Imārah Studio presents a new video message from the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan: “Exchange of Prisoners Between the Islamic Emirate and U.S. Government” “ (links to analyst blog jihadology.com)
“Statement of the Islamic Emirate about the release of five heads from ‘Guantanamo Jail’ “ (screen capture at non-terrorist site here)
Created on Sunday, 01 June 2014 07:34
We heartily congratulate the whole nation, Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate, particularly the kith and kin of the released ones that five heads of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan namely Mulla Muhammad Fazal Akhund, Mulla Noorulla Noori, Mulla Khairulla Khairkhwa, Mulla Abdul Haq Waseeq and Moulavi Muhammad Nabi who had been incarcerated for the last thirteen years in ‘Guantanamo Jail’ are released due to the benevolence of Allah Almighty and the sacrifices of the heroic and courageous Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate.
These five heads were released in the result of an indirect negotiation between the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan and the United States mediated by Qatari government. They will remain with their families inside Qatar and will lead a normal life.
To get the preceding five heads released, it is worth mentioning that the Islamic Emirate handed over the American soldier to the US who was captive with us approximately for the last five years.
These five heads of the Islamic Emirate were handed over on Saturday at 07:00 pm Afghanistan standard time to the delegation of Qatar who has been waiting there in ‘Guantanamo Bay’ for the previous three days. This delegation, including five heads of the Islamic Emirate, left Guantanamo at 10:00 pm and will arrive in Qatar today Sunday. They will be received and welcomed by the Political Bureau of the Islamic Emirate inside Qatar and members of the leading council of the Islamic Emirate. Similarly, the American prisoner ‘Bergdahl’ was handed over in the suburbs of ‘Khost’ province to the other side on Saturday at 07:00 pm Afghanistan standard time.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan has been taking all possible measures since long to get all the Afghan prisoners released whether they are incarcerated inside the country or outside and to let them enjoy a free and peaceful life.
In the future too, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is determined to get all the Mujahidin prisoners released as soon as possible. In this regard, we expect all the legal and human rights societies particularly the United Nations to share and accelerate their efforts with Afghan people and the Islamic Emirate on the basis of human sympathy so that all the incarcerated people are freed and their basic legal and human rights are safeguarded and they could lead an independent and peaceful life of their own accord.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
“Felicitation message of esteemed Amir-ul-Momineen (May Allah safeguard him) regarding the release of Jihadi heads from ‘Guantanamo Jail’ “ (screen capture at non-terrorist site here)
Created on Monday, 02 June 2014 08:31
I would like to congratulate from the core of my heart the whole Afghan nation, the devoted Mujahidin and the kith and kin of the prisoners on the auspicious occasion of this great achievement of the release of five distinguished Mujahidin heads from the ‘Guantanamo Jail’.
All praise is to Allah Almighty! Due to the benevolence of Allah Almighty, the enormous sacrifices of courageous Mujahidin and the statesmanship of the Political Bureau of the Islamic Emirate in Qatar, five prominent heads of the Islamic Emirate are soundly released from the ‘Guantanamo Jail’.
This huge and vivid triumph requires from all Mujahidin to offer thanks to the Benevolent Creator who accepted the sincere sacrifices of our Mujahid nation and managed the release of these five renowned Mujahidin from the enemy’s clutch.
The efforts and endeavors of all Mujahidin, leading council of the Islamic Emirate, the detainers and keepers of the American prisoner ‘Bergdahl’ and generally the whole nation which played a significant role in this colossal victory are appreciated and I beg even deeper divine help, guidance and favorable turn of circumstances for all of them.
I would like to thank his highness ‘Shaikh Tameem Bin Hamd Al-Thani’ the Amir of Qatar, for his sincere and friendly efforts and mediation in the release of these five prominent Mujahidin heads. I pray to Allah Almighty to reward him reciprocally in this world and in the world hereafter.
May Allah Almighty get, just like these five heads, all those oppressed prisoners released who are incarcerated in the path of liberating their country and serving their creed.
This huge accomplishment brings the glad tidings of liberation of the whole country and reassures us that our aspirations are on the verge of fulfillment, Insha-Allah.
And it is never hard for Allah Almighty.
Servant of Islam, Mulla Mohammad Omar Mujahid
03/07/1435 A.H. (Lunar)
11/03/1393 A.H. (Solar) 01/06/2014 A.D.
“The release of prominent heads brings the glad tidings of the absolute freedom of our homeland!” (screen capture at non-terrorist site here)
Created on Friday, 06 June 2014 09:06
Five significant and distinguished heads of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan were swapped for a an American prisoner, Bowe Bargdahl, on 31st May 2014 and just one day later, on 1st June 2014, at 03:00 pm Afghanistan standard time, these renowned heads of the Islamic Emirate arrived at ‘Doha’ the capital of Qatar where they were warmly received by the head of Political Bureau and its members. Verily it is a huge achievement.
It was an impressive and remarkable occasion when the officials of the Islamic Emirate were welcoming their significant and commendable heads namely Mulla Mohammad Fazil (commander in-chief of the Islamic Emirate government), Mulla Noorulla Noori (in-charge of northern zone and governor of Balkh province), Mulla Khairulla Khairkhuwa (interior minister then in-charge of south-western zone and governor of Herat province), Mulla Abdul Haq Waseeq (deputy director general of Intelligence department) and Mulla Mohammad Nabi Omari (commander of frontiers’ brigade) having been outside their nearest and dearest and beloved country for a prolonged period of thirteen years. They were bright to sight and heart’s delight.
Verily it was a remarkable occasion of delight which conveyed the glad tidings of the absolute freedom of Afghanistan. It was a tangible outcome of the sincere sacrifices of Martyrs and Mujahidin which were honestly rendered in the path of Allah Almighty and in the service of Islam. It was an explicit favor and benevolence of Allah Almighty; it was a great victory for Mujahidin who sacrificed their lives for making it feasible; it was the logical outcome of guidance of the leadership of Islamic Emirate and the endeavors of its Political Bureau inside Qatar.
Verily, by the grace of Allah Almighty, it has been a historical glory that they have preserved their patience, faithfulness and determination. With the support of Allah Almighty, peace stability and an Islamic government will be restored inside Afghanistan in the near future in which the masses will be served in all walks of their lives i.e. socially, economically and educationally.
The felicitation message of the esteemed Amir-ul-Mominin (may Allah safeguard him) contains explicitly allusion to the success of this Jihadi caravan. It seems that his Excellency is fully confident that the issues and sufferings of the oppressed people of Afghanistan will be resolved in the near future. A part of his message says that this significant achievement gives us the glad tidings of liberation of the whole country. It encourages us that, Insha-Allah, (God willing) the aspirations of the Mujahid people of Afghanistan will be fulfilled very soon. And it is never hard for Allah Almighty!!!
- “9 Shilo soldiers injured after military trucks collide”
- Congrats to Canadian Press, Postmedia News for sharing the document being written about “The cost of six years of military commemorations surrounding Canada’s 150th birthday is to come out of existing Canadian Forces operational budgets. Almost 300 pages of documents obtained by the Liberal party under the Access to Information Act detail something called “Operation Distinction” — a campaign mandated by Prime Minister Stephen Harper that will include dozens of events through to the year 2020. “This series of commemoration events will have significant resource implications for DND organizations and CF units,” says a 10-page draft communications plan prepared by National Defence ….”
- “On behalf of the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of Veterans Affairs, Gordon Brown, Member of Parliament for Leeds–Grenville, will present the new Bomber Command Bar to a Canadian Veteran (this afternoon) ….”
- Afghanistan (1) From the CF Info-machine “As the flag lowers in Kabul after a 12 year presence in Afghanistan, the last round of troops deployed on Operation ATTENTION are coming home. “I am proud to be the last Canadian commanding our troops in Afghanistan as we get ready to bring the troops home. It has been an honour and a privilege and I have been extremely proud to be leading our great Canadians,” said Major General Dean Milner, the commander of the Canadian Task Force known as the Canadian Contribution to NATO’s Training Mission in Afghanistan ….”
- Afghanistan (2) From an American military blogger “Our Brothers in Arms are done”
- Afghanistan (3) “An Ex-CIDA Officer’s Reflections on Afghanistan: Looking Back, Looking Forward”
- Afghanistan (4) ceasefire.ca’s take “…. it would be a mistake for the government to assume that the public’s support for the troops equals a willingness to engage in more combat, or pay for terribly expensive stealth aircraft or warships. On the contrary – Canadians are war-weary, and now realize that there are limits to what can be accomplished through military power. Once politicians send our forces to war, it is very difficult to get them out again. Canadians have not embraced the “warrior nation” role that many had hoped they would, and still want our forces to support peacekeeping ….”
- Afghanistan (5) From the Taliban’s Info-machine “A round of goodbye messages are following the last Canadian troops out the door in Afghanistan and some of them are rather nasty. The Taliban’s information arm issued a statement Thursday to followers in Kandahar congratulating its fighters in the rural districts of Panjwaii, Zharey, Dand, Maiwand and Shah Wali Kot claiming that Canada has been defeated and has now fled the country. “Your sacrifices have brought us freedom. The beacons of your blood have lit the way to independence. Celebrate the victory and freedom from the Canadians,” said the statement, written in Pashtu, but translated for The Canadian Press ….”
- Afghanistan (6) Commentary “How the West made a hash of the Afghan war – With Canada, NATO and maybe even the U.S. pulling out, what next for Afghanistan?”
- ” ‘Systemic’ racism in Canadian Forces needs inquiry, veterans say”
- Opposers gotta oppose ” ‘Mother Canada’ is the dystopian war monument we deserve”
- Analysis “Canada First Defence Strategy: Beyond its “best before” date”
- Q&A Analysis “The Canadian Armed Forces are in the process of refreshing the Canada First Defence Strategy. As they rebalance government ambition with near-term budgets, what are the areas of greatest risk they need to manage? ….”
- From the Info-machine “While we may be rivals on the Olympic hockey rink, Canada and the United States have a lot of common interests and challenges when it comes to the defence of North America. Working together and sharing information really just makes sense ….”
- “More bureaucrats, departmental lawyers facing life-long gag order” – more – more
This from Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada:
“Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today issued the following statement following a deadly terrorist attack on a restaurant in Kabul which has claimed the lives of many, and left many more injured. At this point, we can confirm that two Canadian citizens have died in the attack.
“Canada condemns in the strongest possible terms the targeted, cowardly terrorist attack today on a restaurant in Kabul.
“On behalf of all Canadians, we extend our sincerest condolences to the families and friends of those who were killed and injured in this horrible and senseless act of terror.
“Acts of brutal terror cannot be allowed to go unpunished. Those who perpetrated this act of violence and those who support the Taliban, who have claimed responsibility for the attack, must be held accountable.
“This attack only enhances our resolve to combat terrorism in all its forms. Canada is committed to the people of Afghanistan and to those who believe Afghanistan can one day see peace, security and prosperity.”
Due to privacy concerns, and out of respect for the families of those Canadians killed in today’s attack, further information will not be made available.”
This, from The Canadian Press:
“Two Canadians were among 16 people who died in a brutal suicide attack on Friday at a restaurant in the Afghanistan capital of Kabul, Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird’s office confirmed. There was no further information about the two Canadian victims. Baird’s office said it could not release further information due to privacy concerns.
Canada is winding up a military training mission in Afghanistan, but sources in the Department of National Defence said that no uniformed personnel were among the casualties.
The restaurant is located close to Canada’s embassy in Kabul and is a popular spot for Canadians living and visiting the capital.
Afghan officials said a suicide bomber blew himself up outside La Taverna du Liban, which was filled with foreigners and affluent Afghans, while two gunmen snuck in through the back door and opened fire.
The Taliban claimed responsibility within an hour of the attack ….”
“The coordinated group martyrdom attack which struck the restaurant ‘Taverna du Liban’ of foreign invaders at 07:30 pm last night lasted till 09:30 pm local time in which the invaders suffered heavy losses, according to officials.
The target of the attack was a restaurant frequented by high ranking foreigners located on 14th street of Wazir Akbar Khan area in Kabul city where the invaders used to dine with booze and liquor in the plenty.
The successful operation was carried out very professionally by 3 heroic martyrdom seekers of Islamic Emirate armed with heavy and light weapons as well as explosives vests.
The attack was in retaliation to the massacre carried out by foreign invaders 2 days earlier in Parwan province’s Siyah Gerd district where the enemy airstrikes destroyed up to 10 homes, razed several orchards as well as killing and wounding up to 30 innocent civilians mostly defenseless women and children.
Reliable information received up to this point indicate that the successful revenge operation resulted in 29 high ranking foreign invaders and 8 hireling Afghans killed as well as tens of others wounded.
The inconsistent and contradictory reports handed out by the security forces of the stooge Kabul regime regarding the attack in itself show the precision and heavy toll inflicted by the powerful operation.
The fighting finally came to an end two hours later when the last Mujahid embraced martyrdom after delivering a heavy admonitory blow to the enemy which they shall never forget ….”
More, as it comes out.
- Afghanistan (1) Mark Collins on “ISAF’s (and the CF’s) Final Act”
- Afghanistan (2) Next deployment, Afghans taking over their own defence only rates an answer in the House of Commons by the Associate Minister of Defence
- Syria Canada gives U.S. Senator John McCain an honourary degree while McCain calls for coalition of countries to enforce no-fly zone over Syria – more here
- “A handful of Canadian troops are about to take part in peacekeeping operations in Haiti under the command of Brazilian forces. According to internal defence department documents, the deployment of an infantry platoon was approved by the Harper government in October 2012. Three-dozen soldiers arrived in Brazil last April to be embedded and train with that country’s 44th Motorized Infantry Battalion. The partnership and the mission will be formally announced on Wednesday, one day before boots hit the ground. The deployment is expected to run six months ….”
- Pentagon Info-machine pix of HMCS Nanaimo taking part in Dawn Blitz 2013
- Taliban agree to talk, set up office in Qatar – here’s their official statement (links to non-terrorist site)
- Got operational stress injury? There’s now a Canadian app for that.
- Way Up North (1) Canadian disarmament academic commentary “…. There is no denying that there is currently a build-up of conventional military capacity within the region,3 and it is not yet definitively clear whether it will turn out to be a competitive build-up that undermines the growing expectation that change will be peaceful, or whether it will instead facilitate increased security cooperation and build capacity for more effective domestic and cross border support to civil authorities in search and rescue, and in monitoring regional activity and ensuring compliance with international regulations. For current conventional military developments and deployments in the Arctic that remains an open question, but what about ballistic missile defence (BMD)? ….”
- Way Up North (2) “People in the western Nunavut community of Cambridge Bay got a sneak peek this week at what the Canadian High Arctic Research Station will look like: a complex of buildings designed to make the most of its location and traditional knowledge and science. The good news: CHARS is still on target to open in July 2017, just in time for the 150th anniversary of the Canadian federation. But, during updates from the station’s architects and representatives from Aboriginal Affairs and Development Canada, it became clear again that the CHARS isn’t just about building designs or research projects for people who live in Cambridge Bay ….”
- From one of the usual suspect anti-military sources “Peter MacKay’s Submarine Envy: Canada’s defence minister has deep issues. Here’s how to deal with them.”
- “Leaked documents suggest Canada helped the United States and Britain spy on participants at the London G20 summit four years ago. Britain’s Guardian newspaper says spies monitored the computers and intercepted the phone calls of foreign politicians and officials at two G20 meetings in London in 2009. The paper says the effort included penetration of delegates’ BlackBerry smartphones to monitor their email messages and calls. The Guardian published PowerPoint slides describing the operation, including one featuring the emblem of the Communications Security Establishment, Canada’s electronic eavesdropping agency. It appears alongside the logos of key allies — the U.S. National Security agency and Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters — along with an icon labelled Joint Apps ….”
- “U.S. Ambassador to Canada David Jacobson says Canadians do not need to worry about the NSA spying on them. Jacobson’s comments come after leaked NSA documents obtained by Britain’s Guardian newspaper exposed a top-secret data mining program called Prism. Prism’s exposure has since sparked a probe by Canada’s privacy commissioner about the implications of the U.S. program for Canadians. However, Jacobson said both Americans and Canadians highly value individual liberties and dismissed privacy concerns over the NSA disclosure ….”
- “Senate committee urges stronger actions to address harassment in the RCMP“ – more here