- Word of a big push in southern Afghanistan, with Canadians doing some of the pushing. “A large-scale military sweep in southern Afghanistan involving Canadian troops has yielded the seizure of massive weapons caches hidden in fields around a tactically crucial region in Kandahar province. The goal of the recently concluded five-day operation, planned and led by the Afghan National Army with support from Canada’s Royal 22nd Regiment, a battle group nicknamed the Van Doos, and an American company was to find weapons and capture Taliban militants just arriving in the region. In doing so, the coalition of 2,200 soldiers hopes to take some steam out of an upcoming spring fighting season. The mission is aimed at reducing fighting during the eventual handover of the Panjwaii district to U.S. forces this summer ….”
- More on the lastest push. “Canada’s top soldier marches through a narrow lane known among some troops as Ambush Alley, hoping to build trust in an Afghan village that has proven difficult to win over in recent years. Against the backdrop of a crumbled clay wall — the result of an improvised explosive device last week — Brig.-Gen. Dean Milner offers a sobering assessment of the public mood in Nakhonay. “I think they are sitting on the fence right now and they’re waiting to see who is more capable, who is winning,” Milner says. “They’ve been intimidated for so long. Right now is that waiting period to understand what the situation is going to be like during fighting season.” Milner joined his troops during Operation Hamaghe Shay, a four-day mission that yielded weapons and IEDs on a daily and nightly basis throughout the Panjwaii district. It culminated Saturday with a two-hour shura in the nearby village of Haji Baba, where Panjwaii’s new governor railed against the Taliban — to the point where he said he would “take a gun and shoot them myself” if they brought harm to the locals ….”
- Taliban Propaganda Watch: Attacks alleged in Kandahar, Uruzgan.
- “Now Ron Cundell wants the Canadian Military’s other boot to drop. The Angus resident praised Friday’s announcement that Borden will house one of five new integrated personnel support centres to care for injured or ill Canadian Forces members, and their families. Cundell, who was medically released from the forces after serving from 1981-2000, says the Department of National Defence (DND) is doing its part -but that’s only half of the solution. ” Veterans Affairs (Canada) needs to change their culture of deniability,” he said. “What happens when the claim is denied? Where will they (veterans) go for help? How will they go for help? “I was left alone, fed to the wolves. That is why I am here today. It’s sad how much I know about this system.” ….”
- Troops from across Western Canada are headed to the Arctic for a big training exercise. Click here if you want to follow them on an online map.
- Speaking of the North, an NDP MP is calling for the Arctic to be declared a nuclear weapons free zone, via Private Members Bill C-629. One question, though: unless Canada builds up its military to the extent that it can challenge ALL comers to Canada’s Arctic (and we know the NDP’s not big on building anything other than “peacekeeping” forces), how do you stop, say, folks from just passing on through?
NOTE: This material is from web pages and forums carrying statements attributed to the Taliban, Taliban spokespersons or supporters of the Taliban, or analysis thereof. Posting of this material neither confirms nor endorses any of its content – it is shared for information only. When material translated into English is not available, Google Translate is used to translate the original – this is only a machine translation, NOT an official one.
Friday, 13 August 2010 20:05 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
KANDAHAR, Aug. 13 – Mujahideen attacked the provincial governor house in Kandahar city, the capital of the province of the same name using heavy and small arms yesterday night (Aug. 1), at approximately 11:00 pm, in which the the governor house got damaged causing deadly losses on the enemy soldiers based in the building , however, some foreign and local officials have been reported to be within the facility during the attack, but the extent of the losses inflicted on the enemy during the attack is unclear.
Friday, 13 August 2010 19:40 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Kandahar, Aug. 13 – Reports from Arghandab district say that today (Aug. 13) some 3 US invaders killed and 4 seriously wounded when a house booby-trapped by Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate exploded on the invaders as they entered the house in Char Ghalba area. Mujahideen say that after the heavy explosion, the invaders jets bombed the surrounding area but without causing Mujahideen any harm.
Friday, 13 August 2010 19:36 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Kandahar, Aug. 13 – Yesterday, at around 04:00 pm, a militia commander (Salam) along with 5 of his puppets were killed when an IED ripped through their vehicle in Dand district’s Haji Baba area.
Friday, 13 August 2010 19:37 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Kandahar, Aug. 13 – Today, at 11:00 am, Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate detonated a mine on an American foot patrol in Kandahar city’s Herat Hada area. In the heavy explosion 2 invaders were killed and 1 seriously wounded.
Friday, 13 August 2010 17:16 omar
Kandahar, Aug. 13 – This morning, at around 09:00 am, A US invaders tank was destroyed while travelling on Kandahar-Uruzgan main highway in Arghandab district. In the explosion 3 US terrorists were killed and 1 seriously wounded. In another incident from this district, at least 7 US invaders were killed or wounded early this morning, at around 05:00 am, when their foot patrol stepped on a mine.
Friday, 13 August 2010 19:39 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Kandahar, Aug. 13 – Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate ambushed a NATO logistical supply convoy while passing on Kandahar-Uruzgan main highway in Arghandab district. In the ambush a logistical supply truck, security puppet vehicle were destroyed by RPG fire and 5 puppets were also reported killed. Also one Mujahid was Martyred (we ask Allah to accept him from amongst the Shuhada) in the firefight.
Friday, 13 August 2010 20:09 Zabihullah Mujahid
Helmand, Aug. 13 – US terrorists implement David Patreaus’s policy, by martyring 1 innocent villager and taking 10 of his household members as captives. This heartless act was carried out this morning, at 01:00 am, when the US terrorists raided an innocent afghan’s house in Haji Kore village of Kajaki district. It is worth noting that the US terrorists carried out a similar act a few days back when they raided a house in Maidan Wardag’s Sayedabad district.
Friday, 13 August 2010 20:08 Qari Yousuf Ahmad
Helmand, Aug. 13 – At least 3 US terrorists were killed and 3 others wounded when a mine exploded on their foot patrol as they tried to leave their base in Marjah’s 7th Block area this morning, at 10:00 am.
Friday, 13 August 2010 19:38 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Helmand, Aug. 13 – Reports from Sangin district say that this morning, at around 08:00 am, heavy fighting erupted when Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate attacked cowardly US soldiers as they prepared to carry out an operation in Sangin district’s Tozai area. In the 2-hour battle 3 invades were killed and 3 seriously wounded. Reports add that 1 Mujahid was martyred (we ask Allah to accept him from amongst the Shuhada) and 1 wounded in the battle.
Friday, 13 August 2010 20:10 Qari Yousuf Ahmadi
Helmand, Aug. 13 – A US invaders tank was destroyed by an IED killing or wounding all the terrorists onboard yesterday (Aug. 12), when their patrol was passing through Regan Manda area of Gerishk district. While in another incident today, a mine exploded on US invaders foot patrol in this districts Kampart area killing 3 invaders and seriously wounding 2 others.
Friday, 13 August 2010 17:11 Zabihullah Mujahid
Nimroz, Aug. 13 – Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate from Nimroz say that this morning (Aug. 13), a puppet police vehicle was obliterated when it hit a roadside bomb near Zarnaj city in Dalaram district. All puppets in the vehicle were either killed or wounded.